6/18/08

constructivism



Today was planned to be my first day on my own. In my studio, without any other duty, 8 hours to start with whatever could be realized of all the plans I made in the last months but then Little L. decided this morning to "not feel well" and after I called in sick for her at preschool she was as enthusiastic and energetic as always, so we decided to "not feel well together" because I still have this ugly cold after 2 weeks. We spent a slow and wonderful day together with hot food and thyme tea and for Lunch, L too.
I finally managed to get the dress for her done and she did some serious embroidery. I expected her to do some wild things like her drawings but she started with the stars and had just a little wild moment and ended with the car.
I still wonder where my inspiration came from, the dress does not look very familiar to me, looking at it feels like seeing somebody elses work even if I did some drawings before and it looks very much alike. It is propably a mix of all the things spinning around in my head put into a dress for a girl and accidentally looking like russian constructivism!

6 comments:

ola said...

and though, it seems it suits the other colours of your posts well; there is a colour atmosphere. and tell your L-daughter that her work is to be taken serious as it is really cute, almost marimekko. did you go through the new marimekko-prints? do you like? some?

Fine Little Day said...

Wow, the colors and the shapes goes great together. Feels so fresh all of it. I want a dress like that too! She´s a child of yours I can tell, that car embroidery looks nice :) Mix head spinning things, sure is a good working method.

Anonymous said...

The dress is absolutely stunning and makes me want to have one just like this! I have also been meaning to tell you for a while that my oldest son has a beautiful jacket of yours that you sister D. gave him as a birth gift. He wore it a lot and his two brothers will hopefully be big enough to wear it too. Iwould like to send you a picture, but don't have your email, if you want to see it write to me at 13dessertsATgmail.com.

anette said...

Yes marimekko was kind of my first fashion love. My mothers friends and their children all had the 70ies t-shirts and nightdresses with the big bi coloured stripes. We could'nt afford them then, (a freelance architect husband/father) and my mother made us long stripy T-shirts out of jerseyfabric, she still does but she bought her granddaughter a real mm dress recently.

Elisabeth, what about changing things we made, ha, maybe a good idea, the dress might be to difficult. I went trough making the girls dresses for women, It was always more difficult than I expected, but...

Marguerite, thank you, I 've got your wonderful picture, will email you back, 3 Boys, respect!

Anonymous said...

the dress is truly beautiful (what are the little dots / circles on it, please show a detail i am curious) and i love the story of how surprised about the finished dress you were, as if "the other you" made it. looking forward to seeing more of your projects and l.'s paintings and lovely embroidery. kuss, d

anette said...

just little flying circle bubble things, will send you a detail dear d. have to go to bed now. have a wonderful day. ku a

Powered by Blogger.